This website is hosted by Derbyshire County Council, which is also the data controller. We regard your privacy as important and any personal information you give to us will be used in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018 and subsequent legislation.
We do not store any personal information about individuals who visit this site except where they provide contact information or use one of our online services. Any information you provide will only be used for the reasons specified, and it will not be shared with any third party without your consent, unless required by law.
Derbyshire County Council collects statistical data about usage of our websites. This information is not used to identify individuals, but is collected to provide us with an understanding of the areas of interest on our site and how our site is being used.
If you are connected to the Internet you will have an IP address. This may take the form of a figure, such as 333.333.22.1. The address will be automatically collected and logged as part of the connection of your computer to our web server and may be used to determine the total number of visits to each part of the site. This data is not collected and used for other purposes.
This website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites or organisations, and recommends you consult the privacy information on those sites.
Changes to this policy
This policy will be reviewed and updated versions will be posted on the website.
Should you wish to raise any concerns about how we have processed your personal data you can contact the data protection officer, email: email@example.com. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner who is the independent regulator for both data protection and freedom of information.
Data protection information
Personal data is collected in order to serve Penalty Charge Notices and enforce the parking restrictions. When the enforcement authority believes that a contravention has occurred, data may be collected, processed, shared and retained in order to carry out the performance of a public task and fulfil our legal obligations in the following ways:
- the collation of photographic and video evidence at the time of the alleged contravention
- to request details of the registered keeper of the vehicle at the time of the contravention from the DVLA
- shared with Nottinghamshire County Council for administration purposes (joint data controller with the enforcement authority shown on the Penalty Charge Notice) at the Central Processing Unit, PO Box 10282, Nottingham, NG17 0DX
- the collation and retention of all appeals and phone calls received at the Central Processing Unit
- shared with enforcement agents (bailiffs) in the event that a Warrant of Control is issued for debt collection
- upon request, shared with the Police or national security organisations to help prevent or detect crime
- shared with the European Collection Agency in the case of a vehicle registered outside of the UK
- we will not share information with any other organisation unless required to do so by law
In accordance with established retention periods for financial and legal information, data relating to Penalty Charge Notices are kept for 6 years from the date of closure.
Personal data is collected in order to serve a Penalty Charge Notice and enforce parking restrictions. In relation to the personal data which we may hold about you, you have the right to have access, rectify or object to incorrect information. Under data protection law we must verify your identity and explain to you our reasons if we do not agree to carry out your request.
Should you wish to raise any concerns about how we have processed your personal data you can contact the data protection officer, in the first instance, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioner who is the independent regulator for both data protection and freedom of information.
Contact and further information
Central Processing Unit
PO Box 10282
Telephone: 0345 520 2468 (option 2)